The Indian Arbitrator
Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation is publishing an online news-magazine "The Indian Arbitrator". The magazine is intended to give its members information about different forms of dispute resolution methods and news and case laws about ADR happening in India and different parts of the world. The magazine also aims to create a binding relationship between the Institute and its members.
The Editor of the magazine is Mr. Anil Xavier, a legal professional experienced in ADR. The Editorial Board is comprised of Mr. Justice B.K. Somasekhara, Former Judge, High Courts of Karnataka & Andhra Pradesh, Mrs. Geetha Ravindra, Director, Department of Dispute Resolution Services, Supreme Court of Virginia, USA and Mr. Rajiv Chelani, Mediation Conciliation & Restorative Justice, UK.
Interested to contribute articles?
We would like to have your contributions. Any original, innovative and thought provoking ideas related to ADR may be shared with us. Submissions may be made to the Editor. Publication of the Article will be the discretion of IIAM and submissions made indicates that the author consents, in the event of publication, to automatically transfer this one time use to publish the copyrighted material to the publisher of the IIAM Journal.
For further details mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoting Student Authors
With a view to promote and support students in developing the qualities of legal research and presentation, IIAM is providing opportunity to law students to publish original, innovative and thought provoking articles on arbitration, mediation, conciliation, dispute resolution and similar topics and critiques on judgments relating to the same topics. Selected articles will be published in the “Indian Arbitrator”. From amongst the submitted articles, every year one student author will receive the “Best Young Author” certificate from IIAM.
- Articles should be in English. The article should not normally exceed 2500 words. For exemptions on ground of topic requirement, relevance etc., contact Editor.
- Please make sure that the prose is clear and the spelling and grammar are correct. The documents must be in MS Word (.doc) format. All submissions must be double-spaced in Times New Roman. Main text should be in font size 12 and footnotes in font size 10.
- Along with the article, please submit a concise lead section that summarizes the topic.
- Please take care that quotations, references and footnotes are accurate and complete. Quotations should be clearly indicated and double quotation marks should be inserted at the beginning and end of every quotation. Foreign words not currently absorbed into the English language should be italicized. Contributors are requested to adhere to the latest edition of the Harvard Blue Book. [The Blue Book: A Uniform System of Citation (Harvard Law Review Ass'n et al. eds., 18th ed. 2005]. All citations and notes are to be shown as footnotes.
- Submissions can be made by email, attaching the document.
For free e-copy of the magazine, use Subscription form
To download latest magazine click on the icon